Tuesday 27 November 2018

Shantaram - Book Review

Have you ever felt like a book was written just for you? Like someone carefully sifted through your memories, all your doubts, your rhetorical questions, your self awareness, your little bouts of collected wisdom, picked them all up, hoisted them as reference points and weaved a book through them? Shantaram was that book for me. I urge you to read it if you haven't already, and see where it takes you, because only when I read it I realized how I'd been waiting for this book my whole life. I've changed in a permanent way since, in a way that great books can change you; it was almost spiritual.

Thank you Ramya Vedicherla for recommending it to me. It is one of very few books that have touched me at such a deep level.

And thank you so much Sharmila Bhandari, for lending me your copy and waiting ever so patiently until I finished it. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment